View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 11:26 PM   #422
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

BillJ wrote: View Post
Warp Coil wrote: View Post
At the rate we're going, the next novel will feature the destruction of the remaining fleet ships except for Voyager, and their slipstream drive will be damaged beyond repair, stranding the ship in the Delta quadrant again and re-creating the series all over again. And then I'd just have to stop reading.
Ah, the Return to Gilligan's Island scenario. I also fear this is where the relaunch is headed. It's the reason I decided to not go on reading, I prefer to leave the Voyager universe on an upbeat note.
I'll wait to see what the next installment has in store for the VOY crew. If they really do re-create the circumstances and premise of the TV series, then I'll likely stop, too. However, I will try to remain hopeful that they'll go in a more interesting direction than that.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote