View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 07:10 PM   #262
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

InklingStar wrote: View Post
Official NFL statement on the controversy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.
The refs made a lot of bad calls in this game, but at the end they made the correct one.
I'll stop arguing this point with you after this post because I see we're talking past each other here.

No one is arguing what the NFL Rules book says, just that the play did not occur in the way that the refs ruled that it did. The NFL statement doesn't change that; it just states what the refs ruled was correct based on on they thought they saw. Since we're arguing about what think they saw, that statement doesn't add anything to the "debate".

I've posted a photo where Jennings has the ball in the air before Tate, and I've posted one right after they hit the ground where Jennings still has the ball and Tate obviously still doesn't.

Since you seem to see to think this play very clearly progressed in a way different from what everyone else here saw after numerous replays, from what every talking head saw last night, can you show us a picture in sequence that shows what you're saying?
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.