View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 05:56 PM   #257
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
-I kept reading here last night that this call couldn't be reviewed, and people seemed to have an issue with the fact that it was reviewed. Well, I thought all scoring plays this season were reviewable, so it seemed legit to me.
Every play is reviewable, but it's not reviewable for every single thing. For instance, if a ref decides that forward progress is stopped and blows the play dead, you can't challenge that by saying that he was still moving. Likewise, while you can review to make sure the wide receiver caught the ball, you may not be able to review everything in the scoring play.

They didn't change the rules to say that all scoring plays were reviewable, they changed it so every play was in fact reviewed (just not for the things you can't review) even if the coach didn't challenge.
Good god, it's no wonder these referees aren't doing very well. The rule book itself is like it's written by lawyers (No offense to Lawyers, but they do have that reputation). Makes me more angry that these guys didn't get proper training.