View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 05:09 PM   #5223
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Catwoman #0: A fantastic issue. It told the story of Selina Kyle growing up as an orphan and going through rough times as a young adult. We got a good glimpse into the life of a girl/young woman who became emotionally arrested due to circumstance, constant abuse and bad choices that she's had to deal with. I also liked the art. It did a great job of showing her warped inner state with the way her various faces were drawn. I gave up on the title a long time ago, but I decided to get this issue and I'm glad I did. The character bio at the back says that she joined the Justice League. Never saw that storyline.

Green Lantern: New Guardians #0: Yeah, this wasn't the background story we normally get with the #0 issues but it was a good installment. For the first time, we're getting some progress with what's been going on with Kyle and the rings. I also liked seeing Carol Ferris and her Star Sapphire identity. I see that there's some praise for the new "less ridiculous" outfit, but personally, I liked the skimpier ones better.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote