View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 04:54 PM   #7
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Sisko's favorite baseball team

sonak wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post

I always found it funny that Cirroc wore a braves cap, because Kenny Lofton played the majority of his career with the Cleveland Indians, who were bitter postseason rivals of the Braves at the time. I think that year (when "take me out to the holosuite" was made) was the only year of Kenny's career where he was on the Braves.
What's so funny about that? As you said yourself Lofton was a Brave at the time. Sorta does make sense, someone from New Orleans is probably going to pick the Braves or one of the Texas/Florida teams.

Really doesn't matter too much anyways, baseball allegiances can be tricky things. I managed to be a Cub fan even though I've lived in Texas all my life.

it's easier to "pick" a team to follow these days, too. You're not stuck rooting for your city team because with cable packages and the internet, you can track whatever team you want. Pick the team with the coolest uniform, your favorite player, whatever.
Heh, what made me a Cub fan was they were on every afternoon on WGN.. I live in a part of Texas, that at the time was between the Houston/Texas broadcast areas so I didn't get either team regularly. So if I wanted to watch baseball it was the Cubs... dang good marketing on their part.

Yeah, that's less of a factor these days given the larger cable packages. Ironically those larger cable packages were one of the nails in Trek's coffin.