View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 01:22 AM   #115
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Re: 7X04 The Power Of Three (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

I loved this episode! BTW, was this the first mention of "Artron" energy in nuWho? I like it if it was, find it interesting UNIT can scan for it though. I don't think people watching nuWho who haven't seen the classic series will know how important this energy is to the TARDIS.

This was a nice episode, I didn't mind the "quick fix" to the problem by waving his magic wand this time because the episode wasn't really about that, it was about the interaction of Rory and Amy with the Doctor and them deciding which life they want to live, with the Doctor or their real life. Them realizing they are getting older and aging faster than everyone around them in their "real life" is what is bothering them.

I find it fascinating that this aspect of companions traveling with the Doctor is being explored in nuWho, it was never talked about or discussed in the classic Doctor Who, but it is a big issue that surrounds the companions of The Doctor. I'm glad to see it explored.

I'm also glad to see that it is recognized that a lot of time can pass with the companions and the Doctor outside of their real life. I.e. the weeks that Amy and Rory were gone with the Doctor during that party at their house. In the span of a few minutes they lived several weeks, it's fascinating to explore that aspect. THIS is what the episode was about. It wasn't really about the invasion at all, that was secondary to the whole thing.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote