View Single Post
Old September 25 2012, 01:11 AM   #1367
Nick086
Commander

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
eBay seems to be the venue of choice for a lot of scalpers these days. I've seen ten-dollar Vintage Collection figures that are harder to find than others (Bastila Shan, Darth Malgus, Shae Vizla) go for forty to sixty on eBay. I've seen eBay samples of the new Kmart 2-packs going for forty bucks each or sixty plus change for the pair. That's borderline criminal and 95% of the reason why nobody really likes scalpers, but there's nothing that anyone can do about it because eBay doesn't care what you ask for an item so long as the item isn't breaking some site rule or law.

I know they charge an arm and leg for rare hard to find Star Wars vintage action figures on Amazon. Now whenever I go on to Amazon I can now find the figures I wanted from the 1990s less then they were in the flea markets because when they did have them in stores I couldn't find them when I was a kid that even includes the Star Trek The Next Generation action figures there all pretty much under $19.99 now. I'm very lucky Hasbro has yet to make any of my favorite Marvel characters in action figure form yet. So most of my money goes into the graphic novels they appear in. If they did happen to I would spend about two hundred to three hundred dollars just to get every figure I want. Every now and then I'll look through the toy department at my local Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Toys R Us.
"Just think, you'll be married to a woman who knows everything about sex. I never been with a woman like that, except of course bar girls. Not that Peggy's a bar girl, no, she just...knows what a bar girl...knows" -Bill Dauterive (King Of The Hill)
Nick086 is offline   Reply With Quote