View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 09:27 PM   #149
JD
Admiral

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Star Wolf wrote: View Post
I think we are jaded because instead of just hitting us with the blackout as magic and showing life in the aftermath they hedged their bets with the grand conspiracy and its the attempt to explain the grand conspiracy which fails and causes the ultimate failure of the show
I watched both the pilot and a bunch of behind-the-scenes featurettes, and never once did I get the feeling that the series' success or failure will end up hinging on the 'grand conspiracy', as you put it. Yes, there are certainly elements of mystery that seem to be trademarks of J.J. Abrams-produced television, but I got the sense that they were only PART of the story, not the story itself.
Yeah, that's pretty much what they've said in some of the interviews I've read. It sounds like the mystery will be secondary to what's going on with Charlie, her uncle, Aaron (the Google guy), and Maggie (the doctor).