View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 08:54 PM   #147
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Big fan of S.M. Stirling's Emberverse series, and there's some similarities so far, i suppose. NOT liking that there's some grand conspiracy, though. Liked that part of Stirling's series better, where it was just written off as Alien Space Bats and they moved on.

Anyway, it's interesting enough that I'll see where it goes. Will say that so far, it's disappointing that they skipped over one of the best parts - the actual distruction of the old world. You'd have to focus on a smaller group to avoid getting overwhelmed, but seems we've already missed that part in favor of cute little family-style villages...

Guess plagues, starvation, and canibalism don't make great family tv, but they've yada yada'ed over a pretty big step between modern civilization and '15 years later, we've got little villages'...

I think that they did that, as I said in my earlier post, I don't think that the fall of the earlier civilization will be that important. I think that the question of WHY the power is off going to be the key.

Mark my words...AI...people.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote