View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 08:01 PM   #47
Brit
Captain

Re: Kate Mulgrew's decision to not have a romance

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
RB_Kandy wrote: View Post
I've heard Kate Mulgrew at many conventions/interviews talk about how she was dead set against Captain Janeway having a romance with anyone. She claimed it would be inappropriate to be the captain and have a romance with someone under her command.

What do you all think about that decision?
I'm all for it. Romance with a subordinate would invite questions of favoritism. It shouldn't ever be allowed.
Except that most rules of that sort established in a work environment have nothing to do with favoritism, and everything to do with coercion. True relationships are based on feelings and people do not turn feeling on and off.

Who makes the better commander, a human that walks around suppressing feelings of isolation and loneliness, or a human that has his/her needs for companionship addressed.
Married people live longer, are healthier and make better decisions.

http://socyberty.com/relationships/w...e-get-married/

A lot of Trek fans moan the lack of reality, well here is a reality for you. Janeway would have had a relationship, I personally ship J/C but that is beside the point, It could have easily been J/7 or anyone else's pairing, bottom line is that she would have had a relationship with someone and it most likely would have been monogamous. That is how things work in the real world.

Brit is offline   Reply With Quote