View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 07:44 PM   #146
Scout101
Admiral

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

Big fan of S.M. Stirling's Emberverse series, and there's some similarities so far, i suppose. NOT liking that there's some grand conspiracy, though. Liked that part of Stirling's series better, where it was just written off as Alien Space Bats and they moved on.

Anyway, it's interesting enough that I'll see where it goes. Will say that so far, it's disappointing that they skipped over one of the best parts - the actual distruction of the old world. You'd have to focus on a smaller group to avoid getting overwhelmed, but seems we've already missed that part in favor of cute little family-style villages...

Guess plagues, starvation, and canibalism don't make great family tv, but they've yada yada'ed over a pretty big step between modern civilization and '15 years later, we've got little villages'...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote