View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 03:41 PM   #1046
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

267. Management (✩✩✩) - DVD - A socially inept guy takes an interest in a woman who stayed at his parents' motel and follows her around the country. Stars Steve Zahn and Jennifer Aniston. It's more light-hearted drama than full-on comedy and it doesn't have the polish of a major motion picture, but it's alright. It really changes gears around the 50-minute mark and gets a little wacky as our characters find themself in a new setting.

268. Too Big to Fail (✩½) - Live TV - The story of the 2008 economic crisis. It had a cast with some notable names, but it was really boring and I didn't like the tiny subtitles that introduced the characters.

269. Dredd (✩✩✩½) - Theatre - I'm surprised that this one is scoring high because I found it to be pretty average. It's growing on me a bit though. Karl Urban wasn't who I'd expect in the title role, but I came to accept him and like him. I also liked the look of the city. I talk a bit more about the movie here.

270. talhotblond: (✩✩½) - Live TV - A TV movie about a 47 year old family man who pretends to be a young guy on the internet when he meets and carries on an affair with an 18 year old girl online. Things don't end well. Typical TV movie fare, but it'll hold your attention. Courteney Cox directed this one and gave herself a bit part.

271. The Cabin in the Woods (✩✩✩✩½) - On Demand - A horror movie that turns the genre and its tropes on their heads Whedon-style. Not perfect, but it was really good. I've never seen anything like it, and turning expectations on their heads is always fun to watch. I talk a little more about the movie here.

272. The A-Team (✩✩✩) - DVD - Slow start, but it does get going eventually and it has some pretty good and over-the-top action sequences. The story is pretty muddled, but we know the basics of the A-team anyway and can latch onto that. The cast is very good. They did a great job of capturing the originals in both looks and in character. I especially liked Sharlto Copley as Murdock. Between this and District 9, it's a shame his career didn't take off. Looks like he's got some stuff in the works though.

Theatre: 16
DVD/Blu-Ray: 99
Live TV: 108
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 40
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote