View Single Post
Old September 24 2012, 05:51 AM   #34
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

Re: How come theres never a queue for the Turbo Lift on the Bridge ?

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
sbk1234 wrote: View Post
I suppose there could have been special "medical turbolifts", dedicated only for medical emergencies. Appropriate size, etc. for fitting a stretcher.

Was there ever an episode in TOS where we would have needed to see one?
All the (limited) canon evidence (and mostly, if not all, from the movies and other shows) suggests that the tubes won't accommodate a car larger than the one that was used. I think T'Girl's anti-grav stretcher is a fine idea.

I realize this isn't a strong argument, but it's the best I've got. In Star Trek 5, the turboshafts certainly seemed wide enough to handle a larger car.
Appeal to Star Trek V is it's own special category of arguments.
Or there could have been the larger, dedicated sick bay shaft.
Yeah, but it didn't go to the bridge, one of the most important places on the whole ship. And the way those panels kept shorting out all the time...

Plus, you'd think that moving heavy over-sized equipment around would be an issue too, especially in an era without intra-ship beaming. I supposeŚmaybeŚthat the no intra-ship beaming limitation might not rule out beaming from, say, one cargo transporter to another on the same ship, though. Same for moving people from transporter room to transporter room, perhaps?