Thread: Ancient Aliens
View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 06:40 PM   #328
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

Re: Ancient Aliens

newtype_alpha wrote: View Post
Because if you were, you would have contributed something constructive by now on the subject other than pedantic half-objections.
Translation; I would agree with you because, of course, all modern archeologists tow the PC party line about no Europeans or middle eastern types in Egypt during the old kingdom.

We don't even have scientific proof that he was HUMAN.
Oh, so now your conceding that he may have been and alien? But at least we agree there is no proof.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I'm pretty sure I know what it means, but just to be safe I looked it up anyway, and here is the first definition that popped up, which is typical of the others; ďof, pertaining to, or of the nature of a dogma or dogmas; doctrinal. 2. asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.Ē The bolded type was Ėwith variations- a common theme, so I think Iím safe.

So it seems you may be the one who doesnít know what it means? But I guess you are referring to the strict literal definition, pertaining to religion? But it seems to me that your pretense to certainty applies to that definition as well, all of which is why I chose to use it.

I take it you've never seen a black man with blue eyes before?
Oh come on! Youíre making this way too easy. Of course I have, green & grey eyes too, and they all have European ancestry (at least the ones Iíve met), which was exactly my point.

Self evident fact is self evident fact. Nothing personal about it.
Now this is an asinine statement. Thatís what people said about the "self evident fact" that the Sun moves around a stationary Earth, to believe otherwise is a matter of personal opinion. Things arenít always as they "self evidently" seem.

Because there is no evidence of the existence of aliens ever having visited Earth. There IS evidence of scientific racism having a profound influence on the way European archeologists approached (and in some cases, STILL approach) their analysis of ancient civilizations.
Sez you. But actually, I agree with you on the second sentence.

Or wait, don't tell me... you need scientific evidence of the existence of racism too?
You keep missing the point, nuff said.
TIN_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote