View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 03:56 PM   #61
Ghost Bones
Captain

Re: 7X04 The Power Of Three (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Kelso wrote: View Post
Chibnall is on fire this year.
If only!
Deckerd wrote: View Post
Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
Pindar wrote: View Post

What's with the Scot bashing? It's offensive, she is Scottish, she has a Scottish accent. She doesn't talk like a bad comedy stereotype.
I'm not Scot bashing, just Amy bashing. And she does talk like that when I'm restating what she said in a comic way that makes its meaning clearer.
She doesn't talk like that. Ever. It wasn't comedic effect you were going for. Also what's wrong with a throwaway joke like that? Don't patronise 21st century children. They're not clueless and they're not innocent.
You're right, I'm just being a prudish stick-in-the-mud. Next week I hope River frigs herself off with the Doctor's sonic screwdriver. After all, kids are neither clueness nor innocent.
StCoop wrote: View Post
Given that it only ran 41 minutes I'm assuming that a bunch of scenes that would actually have, you know, explained things properly ended up on the cutting room floor.

For example, as it stands all the other patients on board the spaceship were just left to die by the Dynamic Trio. (And what were they there for anyway?)
That's a very good point. I'd forgotten about that. It's like storytelling's not a concern whatsoever.