View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 03:35 PM   #92
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: What do want to see from a new series

Jimi_James wrote: View Post
I'm not asking for a rehashed genre in a Trek style, I'm saying steer clear of it. Doing things that have been done for is not the way to make Trek prosper again.
My apologies, I misread what you had written, though do agree with what you were saying.

T'Girl wrote: View Post
no, csi like trek uses technology, but it's the people on csi, the ones doing the investigations, the victims, and the criminals, that are the story, not the technology.
With tricorders, super fast computer and highly acurate sensors though, cases wouldn't be much of a challenge (how often has a crime gone unsolved on Trek?). Of course the focus would be on the people, but the technobabble would also play an imporant element.

a star trek "csi' would not have to be a crime show, the point is a team investigating a mystery, procuring pieces of knowledge, each member providing a puzzle piece, putting them together in front of the audience each week, and ending the episode with a successful result (or sometimes unsuccessful one).
That is true. The next series could be set on a pure science ship, follow an SCE team, or be based on a planet where a new colony sets down.

the original csi and it's spin offs combined have 30 seasons and 700 episodes, there's an old saying bry sinclair, give the audience what they want.
True. I like CSI:NY, but I have always preferred NCIS.