View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 01:32 PM   #712
Ln X
Fleet Captain

Re: How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

DAYoung wrote: View Post

Of all the female characters in Star Trek, I'm most attracted to Major Kira and Seven of Nine (which is odd, as I rarely notice blondes). Both are strong, loyal, intelligent characters who have 'authority issues' and vulnerabilities caused by trauma.
Kira looks the best of them all, Janeway would come second. Like Teacake I have a thing for older woman, something about the imperfections of age increasing their beauty or something... The strange thing is 7 looks plainer without her Borg facial pieces so imperfection complements perfection, if that makes any sense.

But I do enjoy strong female characters, not the warrior Sarah Conner sort but ones who are strong in their believes, will fight for what is right and for what they perceive to be the greater good and yet they just want a normal life yet circumstances dictate otherwise.

Kai Winn would have good looks if it weren't for her ugly actions, the fact that I want to throttle her in every scene for her condescending nature does not help either...

DAYoung wrote: View Post
Recently downloaded the whole of DS9 series 7 on iTunes. I didn't realise how BAD some of it is. The best episode so far has been 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges'. But Bashir should've been more compromised (or at least more anguished). It reminded me of why Ronald D. Moore left the franchise.
Ronald D. Moore wanted to leave when DS9 ended but he was tempted to still dabble with Star Trek so he became a producer for Voyager, unfortunately VOY is not DS9, it never matched up to that complexity, that richness, or diversity, intrigue and interest of the the characters. Moore realised this and combined with his dislike of VOY's direction (or lack of it) he left early in season 6 due to season 6 of VOY merely running on vapours. There were good episodes but when you really watch it closely you realise that something is missing.

Quality Trek ended with DS9 while a bold-let's-experiment Trek resurfaced with seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise. ENT emulated DS9 later on and at least it tried towards the end (barring TATV).

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote