View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 01:08 PM   #51
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: 7X04 The Power Of Three (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Orac Zen wrote: View Post
Better than last week (which wouldn't have been difficult), with some really nice moments - the Doctor and Brian discussing companions, the Stewart thing (which actually made me tear up a bit), and then there's this:

Emh wrote: View Post
I enjoyed this episode, especially if you look at what it's really about: The Doctor's relationship with Amy and Rory.
Agreed (and I'm even more appalled than you by that ).

Stranger things have know to happen.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been some mention of River, the fact the Ponds are (more or less) his in-laws etc etc. It's pretty silly that she effectively ceases to exist for them all when she's not actually in an episode. (I wonder if Brian knows she exists / has met her? That would be worth seeing. )
I didn't think about that during the episode, but now that you mention it, the lack of mentioning River does seem rather glaring. With her return next week, maybe that's something that'll be brought up?

And I would love to see Brian's reaction to meeting River.

Between that Doctor / Brian conversation about companions and the few who've died, Brian sending the Ponds off with the Doctor, and the preview, I'm really, really not looking forward to next week at all - or even less than I have been already. Doesn't look good for people like me who actually like Amy and Rory.
Yeah, I'm fairly worried about what next will bring.

Although I forgot to mention it in my review, I also loved Brian's conversation with The Doctor about past companions' fates. Brought both a smile and a tear to my face.

StCoop wrote: View Post
So looks they swapped the running order of the last two episodes around, as we see Rory losing his phone charger in Henry VIII's bedroom this week after it being referred to it last week. (It also explains why there was no "Picking up the Ponds" scene in that episode.)
Good point. I was willing to shrug off the lack of "Picking up the Ponds" scene last episode but coupled with the Henry VIII reference, it does seem like they swapped the episodes. Makes sense, though. They probably thought "The Power of Three" is a better set up to the Ponds' grand departure.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote