View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 08:57 AM   #413
Mage
Commodore

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Square wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Square wrote: View Post

Ummmmm....yeah.

I also review novels that haven't even been written yet.

And I really wish people would stop boo-hooing about character relationships in Trek novels. J/C is a popular 'ship and the novels have been setting it up since Homecoming. They have "chemistry" in the novels because the novels say they do. Feel free to focus your efforts on "hard" sci-fi from now on, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I've been reading Defcon's reviews for a while now, and even though I don't always agree with him, I think he's a very good reviewer. There was no need for the reaction you had. Sure, you can disagree with him, you just don't need to be rude about it.
I wasn't "rude."

Your personal standards of what constitutes "rude" have absolutely nothing to do with me, and, speaking of which, it's generally considered "rude" to derail a thread just to air personal quibbles about another poster.

From this point forward, if you have a nit to pick with the way I choose to word my messages, keep it confined to PMs and avoid bringing the rest of the forum into it. This is my last public post on the subject.

Thank you for being considerate.

BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE.

Why respond to my post twice?
And yes, you were being rude. On this forum, we have a standard of civil behaviour towards eachother. You choice to disregard that, and respond (as Christopher said) childish because someone had a different opinion on a subject that's important to you. Instead of coming with a civilized, thought out response, you whine. That's being rude.

And please, do not attempt to acuse me of derailing a topic because of 'personal issues' with a poster. Your first post was exactly that, an attack on someone who dared to attack your 'shipping of J/C. If you can't deal with people feeling different then you do about something, then perhaps a forum is not the place for you to hang out.