Arbitrage - free admission
Hostage - DVD
The Bodyguard - DVD
Hausu - free admission
The Guy from Harlem - free admission
Dredd 3D - free admission
The Master - free admission
The Possession - matinee

Saw two movies Wednesday...first up was Hausu, a Japanese haunted house story from the '70s, it was this month's "big screen classic" for the Alamo Drafthouse. I got cut from work just in time to clock out & see it.

It was bizarre, and kind of awesome...wonder if they could clean up some of the gawd awful green screen work, though.

That night, I went up to the Ritz for Weird Wednesday & saw The Guy from Harlem. This was a bad movie - lines of dialogue were repeated with slightly different inflection, the initial plot was dropped without any ceremony, tied loosely with the second half of the movie. And the nudity was scary gratuitous.

The host for Weird Wednesday found a YouTube clip where the guy who starred in the movie had a demo/audition reel. And when he found it, he said it had zero views...

Nothin' for Thursday, 'cause I had to work.

Friday night, I saw Dredd 3D after my shift. Karl Urban was bad ass as Dredd. And I'd say the 3D is worth the upcharge to see it.

Tonight, I went to see The Master after work. Fairly decent movie, though I'm annoyed that an entire sequence that they built a trailer around (the one with Joaquin Phoenix knockin' on the window) wasn't in the movie. But Jesse Plemons as Phillip Seymour Hoffman's son - best family castin' ever!

Got a plan to see The Possession with my friend Maeby tomorrow afternoon. We're gonna seat in DBOX seats!

- edit, to add -

So, yeah...went to a matinee showin' of The Possession, but the theater with the DBOX seats had changed the show with 'em to Dredd. So, Maeby & I went to another theater, since the whole reason we were gonna go to that first one was for the DBOX seats.

It was an alright movie, nothin' grounbreakingly awesome or anything. And at least two major sequences would have been solved if folks had just turned on a light when enterin' a dark room.

Also, the secret message in the story is, "Save your marriage - divorce is the devil!"

Last edited by od0_ital; September 24 2012 at 12:29 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote