View Single Post
Old September 23 2012, 02:47 AM   #6
Unwrapped
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unwrapped
Re: RDM to Make "A Knight''s Tale" into a television show!!

I'm inclined to think this is probably a bad idea, though I could be wrong. The movie's decent, I like the basic concept and the cast, but I think its execution suffered from some problems. It seems to waver between the core parts of the story (Heath's desire to be recognized as a true knight and joust champion and his romance with Shannyn) and the parts that were sillier, like the inclusion of modern music in a medieval setting. That's one area where I think the film honestly failed for the most part, with a few exceptions. I think they also had to strain credibility in other areas to suit the script; William's ability to prove himself by deliberately failing at the joust is certainly romantic, but I also have a hard time believing he'd really do it because it's ridiculously dangerous and it wouldn't help his credibility to anyone else, even if he only loses for a short time. Perhaps I'm just nitpicking too much though.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unwrapped is offline   Reply With Quote