View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 09:53 PM   #20
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Re: Survivor 25: Phillipines Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I'm not surprised. How many players from your local baseball team from a few years ago could your name or pick out of a lineup let alone someone from another baseball team? Scores of baseball players, dozens of teams, things changing every year. No surprise no one recognized him. It's more of a surprise no one recognized Facts of Life girl.
I could probably name the Giants 2002 Roster, at least half of them, which included Jeff Kent and Berry Bonds. I just find it hard to believe that only one person recognized him, given he was a star baseball player in his career.
I don't know, I mean I can't think of that many people I know who are huge baseball fans or know the names of any players. I would say I am a very casual baseball fan, watching games on TV every now and then and going to a game about once every two years (usually the A's), but I could count the number of players names I know on one hand, including any past and present players. They don't include Jeff Kent, I have no idea who he played for.

I do know Blair though! I watch the Facts of Life on DVD every now and then. It doesn't look like Lisa will be sticking around for long though.
T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote