View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 09:33 PM   #105
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Re: Cabin in the Woods - Grading, Discussion, Spoilers

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Katniss wins, then the President gets the report of another spontaneous rebellion and looks worried, as if his forces can't put down that rebellion very easily as well, and they leave it there with rising inspirational music? Or worse, reports that there are spontaneous rebellions all over Panem and that Snow is genuinely concerned? I would have cringed at such a naive ending, which would've made it look, if you see the movie on its own, as if everything is simple, and the people in the Districts didn't rebel before just because they were cowards and morons, rather than because the government has the power and the weapons to crush them like bugs and obliterate their homes. The only rebellion that would have a chance would have to be huge and carefully organized and planned and certainly couldn't happen right away.
So let Katniss get contacted by some kind of underground resistance movement at the end. Works for me. Or let her start a resistance movement. Works too.

The rebellion in District 11, which isn't in the book, was obviously added exactly to show what even a small act of defiance that everyone could see could inspire people to rebel, and what an important figure Katniss might become, and that was very heavily hinted with Haymitch's warnings/instructions to Katniss, Snow's icy interaction with Katniss and the attention he's paying to her Mockingjay pin, and sinister and angry expression at the end.
Yes. And then nothing comes of all that in the end? District 11? Already forgotten at that point.

I'm sorry, it just didn't work for me.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote