View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 08:48 PM   #22
Admiral_Sisko
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Why No "Captains' Table" Story For Spock?

JD wrote: View Post
I wonder if we would have gotten enough new Captains since TftCT for a new anthology or miniseries?
There are several who would merit a story focusing on them. I'm partial to Romulan characters, and would enjoy learning more about the Romulan Commanders from "Balance of Terror" and "The Enterprise Incident," Commander Donatra, or even Tomalak, as it would be interesting to see Picard and Riker's reactions were he to walk into the bar and order a glass of Romulan ale.

Beyond these characters, it might be interesting to read a story focused on a Jem'Hadar First or a Vorta, as they function in the role of a captain during missions. I'm not sure what a Jem'Hadar would get out of being in a bar setting, but we did see several spending large amounts of time in Quark's during the Dominion occupation of DS9.

Now that I think about it, a story about Clark Terrell from the Reliant would be interesting, as he was apparently a close friend of McCoy, though no scenes discussing their friendship were shown. I'm sure more could be written about Edward Jelico, Morgan Bateson, Ben Maxwell, and others.
Admiral_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote