Thread: Captain Worf
View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 06:02 PM   #32
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

Re: Captain Worf

Jimi_James wrote: View Post
I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, YAY! More Trek! On the other hand, what is there left new to do or discover with Worf that hasn't been done already?

So the idea of using Worf as the focal point for a new series doesn't exactly feel me with a great deal of enthusiasm or excitement.

Plus, again with the Klingons? Maye he can find some Borg to fight. That's an idea that's never been done.

I do agree though, that like most of the TNG characters not named Data or Picard, Worf drew the short end of the stick when it came to screen time in the movies. In most instances, you can cut him out of the movies and not really disrupt the overall flow of the narrative.

This does sort of feel like the Sulu series idea that floated around for a long time and eventually went no where. I don't expect it will likely go anywhere...but if it does, I'll likely tune in and give it a chance.
one key difference from the Sulu series is that Michael Dorn is, I think, a more well networked and active part of the filmaking world, which, other than a klingon sized wad of cash, is what makes things happen.....now, Worf as Captain of a presumably starfleet ship is indeed an aspect barely explored - there is a lot of potential there...Worf conflicting with his crew, taking much bolder missions than any captain except perhaps Sisko, strange new worlds, Klingon BDSM, next gen era crossovers wide open...what's not to like?
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote