View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 02:51 PM   #416
Mister Fandango
Captain

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Superman's origin is indeed based of off Moses from the OT. Nothing wrong with that.
Except Siegel and Shuster themselves both denied that. God forbid a story about an orphan just be about an orphan. A concept which, in case it's not abundantly clear, existed well before Moses ever did.

And considering the only similarity between Superman and Moses is that they're both orphans, I don't know how people even come to that conclusion to begin with. Other than the fact that Siegel and Shuster happened to be Jewish. Which, I guess in painful racist minds, means everything they think and do must revolve around their religion.

Or did I miss the part where an evil alien king ordered all Kryptonian children to be drowned, which is why Jor-El sent Kal-El into space? And when during his origin story did Kal-El ever return to Krypton in order to free his fellow Kryptonians (the chosen of Rao, which I also have no recollection of them ever being referred to as) from slavery? Because I definitely missed that chapter, too.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote