View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 09:49 AM   #98
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

^ I don't think that's all that happened. Of course, it's possible that they might fall into that trap, if you will, of her being the girlfriend that just happens to also hail frequencies, but I really hope it doesn't go in that direction. In the last movie, it seemed to me that aside from her relationship with Spock, they demonstrated her skill in linguistics when she was able to understand Romulan dialects when another officer couldn't, and she had the guts to fight for her rightful position on Enterprise. That's not a bad beginning to me.

Sorry to hear that you "hate" them, though. I wonder why it would be okay for her to be a xenoliguist in the new movie, although that wasn't confirmed in the Prime timeline, but it's not okay for her to have love in her life, even though there was some flirting that never was confirmed to have gone beyond that in the Prime timeline. I don't get that.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote