View Single Post
Old September 22 2012, 12:14 AM   #400
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

sojourner wrote: View Post
Besides, I wouldn't call Phelp's ability to lap a pool a few seconds faster than the average man "super powered" in this context.
You severely understate his abilities. Could an average man swim 400 meters, using 4 different techniques almost flawlessly and then finish in under 2 minutes? If you know of anyone who can, then they should immediately drop everything and compete in swim medley competitions.

I'm just screwing with you all about the Phelps thing. Although, I did consider the possibility that people might be chasing him for a potential Aquaman film, to capitalise on his success.

One thing I still stand by is that more often than not, a superhero movie has featured either a mediocre actor or a mediocre performance by an otherwise good actor in the lead role. Nerys gave the list of outstanding performances, so here's the list of mediocre performances:

Michael Jai White - Spawn
Ryan Reynolds - Green Lantern
Nicholas Cage - Ghost Rider
George Clooney - Batman (although I regard Clooney as a pretty decent actor, and despite the fact he was assigned to the good list - in this movie, he was awful)
Chris O'Donnell - Robin
Alicia Silverstone - Batgirl
Josh Brolin - Jonah Hex
Shaquille O'Neil - Steel
Ben Affleck - Daredevil
Jennifer Garner - Elektra
Chris Evans - The Human Torch
Ioan Gruffudd - Mr Fantastic
Jessica Alba - The Invisible Woman
Ray Stevenson - The Punisher

Of course, this is all subject to my opinion, although popular opinion of numerous critics and reviewers alike, agrees with me.

If a JL movie is made, you can guarantee that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash, will be the leading characters of the movie, despite it being an ensemble feature.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote