View Single Post
Old September 21 2012, 04:08 PM   #107
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Bob Orci - TPTB regarding creating canon material - declared all tie-in material developed under his supervision canon (Countdown being specifically mentioned):
http://trekmovie.com/2012/07/17/excl...game-as-canon/
Meaning - Data revival is canon.
From the comments...
Bob Orci wrote:
0h please. have a little fun. i said and have said exactly what you just said forever, but Pascale pushed me, he wont give up! i have said a million times that we cant determine what is canon. on this day, i said something else. “consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”
Just a pushy interviewer wanting a big headline.
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Active borg technology existing a few years down the line, in order to retrofit the Narada, is canon - which is incompatible with what we learned of Caeliar neutralized borg tech AKA the borg will come back.
It's been awhile since I read Countdown, but I think Narada was actually refitted with a Romulan-built knockoff of Borg technology, created from the study of the real deal. Not actual Borg tech.
And, as Sci pointed out, A Singular Destiny leaves the door open for that kind of thing anyway.

The Typhon Pact novels have certainly dropped hints toward a Countdown-ish future (Spock becoming a legal resident of Romulus in 2283, Picard offered the role of Federation Ambassador etc.) but it's not a sure thing yet.