View Single Post
Old September 21 2012, 03:38 AM   #370
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
But a guy who can will himself to shrink down to subatomic sizes? That's a bit more than I think I can roll with.
Hank Pym doesn't use willpower to shrink or grow, he uses a gas or pill containing a type of subatomic particle he discovered and named Pym Particles. They shunt mass to or from another dimension. (In the animated Avengers series, it's depicted more as an energy field.)

And let's not forget, the Hulk changes size by a factor of two or three and gains mass out of nowhere, which should be impossible. What Ant-Man does is simply a more extreme version of the same process.

Also, we've had movies like The Incredible Shriking Man, Fantastic Voyage, InnerSpace, and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids before.
Regardless, it's a tougher concept for me to accept, even accepting The Hulk's mass shifting. (Being The Hulk buys him a lot of shrug-off in my book.) As for the other movies you mentioned, different tone of movies (one being a kids/family movie) than what the MCU has been going for.

Aside from all of that, Ant-Man is also a bit of a jackass so I don't know how they're going to get people to root for him in a movie. He's just not a Marvel character I'm enthusiastic about even less so than I was for Iron Man, Thor, or even CA. I find Ant-Man, well, lame.
There have been three Ant-Men at Marvel. O'Grady is a jackass. Pym and Lange, not so much.