Old September 21 2012, 12:32 AM   #17
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Re: Yet Another Rewatch Thread...

"Whispers"

It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
...It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
.....It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you

This is a fun episode, though once you learn the ending, the rewatching is less entertaining, as the reveal is very slow. But O'Brian suffers well doesn't he.

7.5 out of 10

"Paradise"

I HATE this episode. I hated it the first time I saw it..and I still hate it. I am not unbiased, so I will not vent.

3 out of 10

"Shadowplay"

This is a fun episode, another name drop of the Dominion, a great Guest Star, and a important B-plot of Kira and our fave Holy man getting it on. Though for whatever reason, I saw the plot a mile away, but hey, still a good episode.

6 out of 10

"Playing God"

I find this episode boring, just no real interest in the Trill plot, and the proto-universe plot is as flat as a soda left out all day. However this is one of the last of the truly boring episodes.

4 out of 10

"Profit and Loss"

Garak

This is one of the episodes that is better then it deserves. And it near this time (Though I put it at "Blood Oath" as when DS9 goes "Into gear") when DS9 starts to come into its own. Quark is cute with him being in love, and Garak playing his own game in the the Great game.

6 out of 10

"Blood Oath"

The writers decide to change Dax (To be blunt, I think the post Blood Oath Dax is easier to act, and Farrel was more comfortable with the cute tough girl then the uncommon wise girl.

As for the episode, even if your not a TOS fan, it is great to see the amazing guest actors, and the Albino is a fun bad guy. And it has decent action sequences (Star Trek action sequences are generally rather bad) though I know it can be done on TV at the time, but it was kinda sad not to see the heart cut out and eaten.

7 out of 10

"The Maquis" Part 1 and 2

A Two parter, and I must admit.

I would be supporting the Maquis. There I said it.

Anyways...

Tons of good action, Ships blowing up, kidnapping, one of the cutest and most curious Vulcans put on the small screen, and then a nice space battle.

I know that this was set up more for Voyager, but the Maquis are a great addition to star trek lore. It was a fast paced episode of the time, which means that in todays frenetic pacing, it holds up well.

Part one 7 out of 10
Part two 8 out of 10

"The Wire"

Garak

A fun episode, The writers knew they had a gem in Garak, and started to flesh out him. Dr. Bashir is good, we meet Enabran Tain, and it rolls along. Fun episode, with some great acting.

7 out of 10

"Crossover"

Odo is blown up.

It is still shocking to see Odo blown up, even if it is the Mirror Odo. I know some folks dislike the Mirror episodes, but I happen to think they did a great job with this, and the Intendant is wow.

Hey, DS9 has done Star trek in NU-BSG style, it is the Mirrior episodes of DS9.

7 out of 10