We tried backlighting the consoles, but it was a miserable failure on camera. Too dim to be seen. So we took the CDR artwork we had and used it directly on the console, either a glossy print (too much reflection) and as a flat PSA vinyl applique which our cast members can reference. Then we took the CorelDraw art, and converted it to a layered PSD (photoshop document) and animated it, saving the animations as AVI. There were only a few of us who worked on this project; it took around two months to create all the AVIs.
Then using After Effects (I think) we mask them into place, angle them, and composite them into the video. Several of the VFX guys and our editor want us to use a green screen of the same size placed over the referenced position on the console. This would make placing the animations easier. The cast and shooting crew are hesitant to go with that approach as they like having a visual cue.
Still, I love the look of your bridge and animations! Well done!