View Single Post
Old September 20 2012, 11:27 PM   #104
JD
Admiral

Re: IDW to publish post-Nemesis TNG Borg story, possibly Destiny

Sci wrote: View Post
DarKush wrote: View Post
Now Sci, I agree with what you are saying about the integrity of the Destiny trilogy, but the Borg are too big a part of Trek to be wiped out forever. I think they will be back in the novels eventually. Granted there are many of us on the boards who groan about the Borg and feel they are overused, but along with the Klingons, the Borg are probably the second best known adversarial group for mainstream fans.
I'm with Christopher. Fans looking for Borg stories can go to alternate continuities like the IDW comics. But I really hope they never come back to the novelverse; frankly, there's nowhere to go with them anymore. Their dramatic potential has been exhausted, and they've been given a brilliant send-off that frankly shouldn't be undermined or contradicted.
I'm with Christopher and Sci on this one. I liked the Borg, but IMO I don't really see why they where they would need to come back. We've already gotten plenty of Borg stories, and I don't really think there is that much to do with them that wouldn't be repeating stories we've already gotten. Hell, things were already starting to get repetitive by the time Voyager ended.