View Single Post
Old September 20 2012, 05:50 PM   #37
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Re: Galileo 7 Was it Boma, Spock or is it me?

Timo wrote: View Post
You are assuming these natives are just one tribe of a small number.
Cavemen always are. [ these are aliens not humans; what are you thinking?] Of course, the episode could be taken to describe an unrealistic situation if we want to. But only if we want to.
?
And that Spock and the remaining four officers can hold them off with phasers
Five people with phasers always can. [ what are you smoking? they couldn't hold them off and retreated into the shuttle] Of course, the episode could be taken to describe a situation atypical of Star Trek if we want to. But only if we want to.
?
Starvation is rarely an issue for a group of healthy people, as long as they have warmth, shelter and water. The location provided water [ the word "water" was never mentioned in the episode], the shuttle provided warmth and shelter.
?
What we really are given is three or four angry men throwing spears and rocks at strangers when the opportunity arises, and a supposed sighting of some more of the species. If these are cavemen, they should cease to be a threat simply enough - by killing a few of them.
?

I'm sorry, but you seem extremely hard pressed to concede anything at all when logic stands squarely in your face, to the point of stating unqualified generalities or inventing facts. When debating with you on the same position, it's great because you stick to logic and plausible extrapolations. Otherwise, it's a quagmire of frustration that leads to nowhere because of your insistence to be contradictory at all costs. You can't debate with someone when they turn away from sensible logic and then start making things up. I'm done here...

Last edited by Gary7; September 20 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Gary7 is offline   Reply With Quote