View Single Post
Old September 20 2012, 03:17 AM   #5205
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Justice League #0: With Lee gone, I'm giving the book another shot. I've missed most of the Captain Mar....err Shazam stuff so far, but it kinda feels like I've missed nothing at all. I still don't like just how nasty Billy Batson is. This one may take some getting used to. Oh also: The Question! Eeeeeeeeeeh

Wonder Woman #0: Now that was interesting and unique. The story is told in a Golden Age style. The writing is exposition heavy, and the dialogue is hokey. They captured to feel perfectly. I mean, it's a straightforward and simple tale, but as a Golden Age homage it's aces. This was a seriously fun read.

Green Lantern New Guardians #0: In what freaking way is this a 0 issue? This is New Guardians #13 in all but name. It's nice to get Carol back into the fray, and I'm glad they've changed the ridiculous outfit. It's just...this is Zero Month, and this book is just continuing its story without any regard for that.