View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 11:42 PM   #185
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Yes, it's like some of you all mentioned. Was there really a need for Marauders? I don't mind children so long as the only reason they are there isn't to drum up sympathy or some specific, usually teary-eyed, emotion. Nog and Jake were able to do that for me in DS9, but this kid wasn't. It also didn't help that he didn't seem like the best actor. Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense this kid was not. I don't recall minding Wesley as much as I've heard other people have, but then I watched that series in the latter seasons when feedback might have been used to reduce his role/annoying tendencies. I kind of liked him, IIRC.
Naomi Wildman is my favorite Trek kid, but Jake and Nog in youth are perfectly good and they also manage to grow them into adults and still use them well. Trek really isn't as bad with kids as we joke about IMO.. it's just Wesley reflux that makes us tense up when we see one.

The Communicator

This episode was better than the last two.

Grade: C plus

-------------
And it almost had Nazis!

Little Green Men it wasn't. But I enjoyed it.

Singularity

Did Trip just say that making the Captain's chair comfy is just as important as Malcolm coming up with a tactical warning system and protocols for the ship? Then he says he doesn't have time to cater to T'Pol's "whims" while he's still working on a seat. This episode was definitely not Trip's finest hour. Luckily we find that there is a virus we can blame for this because just about everyone starts going batty at about this time. At least we got the warning/alert system and protocols out of this one.

Grade: D plus
I like the obsessive nature of the virus's effects. It was much better than random rage and/or sex effecting everyone.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote