View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 10:08 PM   #119
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Ewww.. SGU let's have some freaking protocol

^It's because General O'Neill is now the Director of Homeworld Security and he never pays attention during personnel evaluations because he's too busy wisecracking & talking about The Simpsons. (Face it, Earth was doomed the moment General Hammond died.)

I just can't understand why the rest of the expedition didn't say, "Hey, Dr. Rush seems to be the only one who knows what the hell is going on. Lets listen to what he has to say."

cylkoth wrote: View Post
The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Hard to say. IIRC, the ratings for Stargate Atlantis were on the decline towards the end, which is why the Sci-Fi Channel ended the show. So, the Stargate franchise was not on the strongest footing to begin with. But then SGU just killed it by being slow & depressing & nothing at all like the 2 previous shows. And the people who might have been interested in a dark, broody show like SGU didn't give it a chance because it was related to cheesy popcorn shows like SG-1 & Atlantis.
Oh boy...well, the story on just who cancelled ATL can get pretty muddled, but it's been repeatedly said that it was MGM that pulled the plug. Buoyed by the success of the SG1 films, they thought they could save money by moving ATL over to the direct to DVD side. Plus with the producers strongly resistant to running two shows simultaneously again, they pretty much sealed ATL's fate.
I'd have an easier time believing that if we'd actually gotten any Atlantis movies (or any further SG-1 movies). As is, I'm more inclined to believe that that's simply the positive spin that MGM decided to put on it when the Sci-Fi Channel shit-canned their show.

As for TJ having ALS, I kinda liked that development. I like it when flashforward episodes make some sort of plot development that they can't weasel out of in the regular timeline. SEE ALSO: "Epitaph 1" on Dollhouse. (Granted, they could have used some kind of magic Ancient tech to cure her. Thankfully, the show was cancelled before it tried to jump that particular shark.)