View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 06:39 PM   #387
MatthiasRussell
Fleet Captain

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Some side thoughts of mine I jotted down while reading:
Funny that Q Jr thinks the multiverse had it out for Janeway. I chuckled thinking, “Janeway managed to piss off the entire Delta Quadrant AND the fabric of space-time itself!

Why are Starfleet officers debating the ethicalness of Starfleet having fighters with no use for peaceful exploration as if it is something new? The Defiant-class was created to be a warship, not an exploration cruiser. This isn’t a new concept.

I enjoyed the discussion between Q and Q Jr about the pros and cons of resurrecting Janeway because it reminded me of the many discussions fans have had on this subject. It was like Beyer took discussions on the subject from the BBS boards and worked them into that discussion in a flowing, rational manner.

What is the Conection between Q Jr, Kol, and Kes? I didn’t know Q Jr had interacted with the Ocampa or that anything had been written on Kes after her leaving Voyager the second time. Can anyone tell me when and where Kes’s story was continued?

I don’t like that Voyager and Achilles attacked the Tarkons, destroying several ships and killing many to rescue the Borg on one of their planets. What gave them the right to undergo such an operation in someone else’s sovereign territory and kill several of their citizens? I felt like it was the same old Voyager, pissing off the DQ and not displaying the evolved sensibilities and higher moral standards of Star Trek. Later, other captains encounter the Malons and say they would like to stop their dumping but their mission is not to interfere, conquer, or coerce. I guess Voyager itself just doesn’t get this.

Why can’t the Q remember Amanda Rogers but the Starfleet officers appear to have records of her? Am I mistaken? What exactly happened to Amanda, I am confused as to what killed her.

If Eden was made directly from the genetic material of one man and shared his appearance, why is he an uncle and not a father?

Intrepids have saucer separation capability?

So what happens to Janeway’s monument now that she is back from the dead?