View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 06:31 PM   #655
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Delsaber wrote: View Post
I was musing about the possibility of working the AJ/Booker friction into it, get them angry and indignant enough at each other to tease the champion vs. champion match as a potential unification of the titles. Then have Ziggler rush down and take the WHC before it can happen.

Or, hell, have Punk unify the WWE and WHC titles, then have Ziggler take that. Welcome to my John Cena-free WWE fantasy booking land, folks!

Somehow it all ends with Tajiri misting everyone.
For Dolph Ziggler, there would be no greater nod than winning both world titles. The problem is, as I'm sure everyone is aware, is that Dolph Ziggler isn't nearly over enough yet, nor is he a household name in the sense that the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk are.

I refer you all to the last great unification in December 2001, when Chris Jericho defeated both The Rock and Steve Austin to capture the WCW and WWF titles. What followed was a title reign that bombed, largely due to the presence of The Rock, Steve Austin and the returning Triple H. Jericho was lost in the shuffle, particularly when Hogan, Nash and Hall also showed up.

It was honestly such a "meh" reign, that it's easier to go with the idea that Jericho's "true" world title run didn't occur until 2008. There is quite a large possibility that Dolph Ziggler's MITB reign could end up like Jericho's undisputed run. Ziggler has technically been a world champion before whe he was awarded the WHC because Edge used the then-banned spear in a match. However, he went on to lose it back to Edge only a few minutes later.

WWE must book something big for Ziggler, otherwise he may never break the proverbial glass ceiling in WWE.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote