View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 05:10 PM   #19
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: How come theres never a queue for the Turbo Lift on the Bridge ?

Timo wrote: View Post
There's also no security protocol for the bridge turbo lift either. Anyone can go in there and they notice the intruder only when he steps on the bridge.
Indeed. Although what are the specific instances of this happening? Van Gelder in "Dagger of the Mind", and..?

Places like sickbay, security, engineering, would likely have a small number of lifts just standing by.
...Which makes it all the funnier that there doesn't appear to be a turbolift station of any sort immediately adjacent to sickbay, before or after the refit.

And would that perhaps have been the not-so-proximal station on the sickbay level that McCoy was huffing and puffing at, when Saavik held up the lift? No priority override for the poor doctor!

Timo Saloniemi
From The Ultimate Computer [http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/53.htm]:

[Sickbay]

MCCOY: He'll have to be committed to a total rehabilitation centre. Right now he's under sedation and heavy restraints.
SPOCK: I would say his multitronic unit is in approximately the same condition.
KIRK: That's exactly the situation I was hoping for when I forced the M-5 to realise it had committed murder.
(The group walk out of the medical bay to McCoy's office.)
KIRK: Daystrom felt such an act was against the laws of God and man. The computer that carried his engrams also believed it.
SPOCK: Captain, why did you feel the attacking ships would not fire when they saw the Enterprise apparently vulnerable? Logically, that is the sort of trap M-5 should have set.
KIRK: I wasn't sure. Any other commander would have simply followed orders and destroyed us, but I knew Bob Wesley.
(They walk out into the)

[Corridor]

KIRK: I gambled on his humanity.
(and into the)

[Turbolift]

KIRK: Bridge. His logical selection was compassion.
It's right there.