View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 04:41 PM   #1188
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Going fairly steady with my Mirror Universe read through. Finished Age of the Empress, which was pretty good. It probably could have stood to be its own novel, as there are some quirky not-so-obvious time jumps that make the novella a little oddly paced. I'd venture to say it's the best Enterprise story I've read.

I also breezed through the MU short stories "Nobunaga," "Ill Winds" and "Greater Good." They were all fairly strong. I wound up liking "Ill Winds" the best of the three, probably because it had the most latitude in how it dealt with characters. My only complaint is I wish there had been a stronger bridge between the ENT-MU and the TOS-MU. Not saying it should account for everything, but just sort of getting us from there to here since we have the least amount of info about that.

As well, I'm now two chapters into the full novel of The Sorrows of Empire and I'm loving it. Spock's character is spot on. Hope to finish the novel up over the weekend.