View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 04:28 PM   #767
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/18...-level-of-dumb

I'm surprised no one has brought up Yunel Escobar and his gay slur written in his eye black.

He is being torn apart in local media, even on my 1am drive home Toronto sports show. Most people are throwing Manager John Farrell, GM Alex Anthopoulos (who is suddenly being criticized for every move he's made) and the rest of the Blue Jays team under the bus.

My opinion: everyone can have their own, but in a city where the gay community is so big and in a world where it is becoming more and more socially acceptable to be gay, why, when you are a Major League Baseball player, do you write it across your face? How can you be that stupid to then go into a news conference and say "Oh I didn't think it would offend anyone?" Groan.

He should have been suspended for the rest of the season at the very least. The Jays are out of it and have Omar Vizquel and Adeiny Hechavarria sitting on the bench that can easily step into the shortstop position. Why don't you make a statement that this isn't acceptable in your organization? Or cut him altogether?

Thoughts? Comments?