Thread: The Newsroom.
View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 01:56 PM   #322
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: The Newsroom.

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
Isn't Cynthia McKinney a truther?
I have no idea as I have no recollection of having heard of her before this moment, which indicates that she is not a major player in the Democratic party. In fact, according to wikipedia she lost her seat in a primary election in 2006 and left the Democratic party in 2007 in order to join the Green party. So if you were trying to use her as an example of the Democrats being beholden to loony-left types, you picked a terrible example that actually reinforced what I said.

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Overall the first season was ok, not as good as "The West Wing" but better than "Studio 60...".
I agree completely. It's not a great show, but it's not as bad as some reviewers made it out to be, and it picked up a bit in the second half of the season. At the very least I'm willing to come back for the second season to see how things develop, especially considering the drastic change in writers.

I really should do a TWW rewatch thread.
Might be fun. I'm near the end of my most recent rewatch, and it's one of those shows that I can rewatch over and over again and never get bored of it (except season 5).