View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 01:25 PM   #652
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Admiral M wrote: View Post
Samaritan wrote: View Post
Brock Lesnar is 6' 3" he isn't a genetic freak...it takes work but getting muscle on a 6' 3" frame isn't a magical thing...it takes work...he (was)is an athlete.
Lesnar's level of muscular definition is extreme. There are very few people, athletes or not who could build that level of lean muscle mass. Lesnar's body fat percentage is probably between 8 and 14% - the level of a much smaller athlete, like a sprint runner or a swimmer.

Compare that to somebody like Mark Henry, who is a former Olympic power lifter. His muscle mass is not lean, he has a large percentage of body fat, as well as muscle that he required in order to gain the body mass needed to increase his muscle size and core strength. Henry is one of the majority people who aren't physically capable of increasing their muscle mass past a certain point, without piling on other body mass.

I'd say as much as 80% of non-naturally regulated competition body-builders have enhanced themselves with either steroids or HGH. Numerous retired bodybuilders have confessed to this, including Arnold Schwarzenegger.

That's why I class Lesnar as an anomaly, because he's naturally been able to build up a hell of a lot of lean muscle mass without taking steroids or HGH. I would also put Ryback and John Cena in this category, although sometimes I'm not particularly sure about Cena. I'll expand on this further if people want to hear it.
I don't think it takes drugs to obtain...it takes work and given his height it isn't impossible. I didn't like what you were implying given that WWE are going after ROH guys who aren't like Lesnar. I will watch the vid.

ETA: The drug issue is a separate issue...the WWE seems open to getting people who aren't cartoons.

+ Paige should have been part of either RAW or SD for a while now...why she is still on FCW/NXT is ridiculous.

Last edited by TayLaLaLa; September 19 2012 at 01:40 PM.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote