View Single Post
Old September 19 2012, 09:45 AM   #70
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Re: Product placement

tighr wrote: View Post
Just some advice, you would probably be better off getting a credit card and earning points. Rather than spend 40-75 cents per transaction, you could be making cash-back bonuses for free, and paying off your bill every month incurring no interest. Also, credit cards typically have better fraud reimbursement than debit cards (i.e., $0 liability).
I have to go off topic for a moment because of this post. I've noticed for some time that it seems to be important in america to build credit or making points or whatever it's called. Apparently it's smart to be in debt and pay it off because otherwise you can't buy a house or whatever because for some asinine reason it's considered not trustworthy if you only spend money you actually have?

I really don't get it, probably because I come from a country where credit cards are barely used, it's a concept that's foreign to me, I'm 31 years old, I have never owned a credit card, I was never in debt. Would american banks consider me a risky customer because I didn't overspend half of my life?
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote