View Single Post
Old September 18 2012, 10:35 PM   #23
Lt. Zanne
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Galileo 7 Was it Boma, Spock or is it me?

Admiral_Sisko wrote: View Post
Nacluv wrote: View Post
Lt. Zanne wrote: View Post
McCoy is just scrappy and doesn't care what he says to anyone - it is his one fearlessness.
I love McCoy but sometimes I find him to be so self-righteous that it corrodes his capacity of seeing things from more perspectives than his own, sometimes making him very unilateral.

Lt. Zanne wrote: View Post
I like when he says what everyone else is thinking but won't say. Don't we all know someone like that and smile inside when they do it?
I guess I am the only one, but I've had even more such experiences with Spock actually.
As have I. I think that people tend to remember McCoy's statements because they're often extremely dramatic, whereas Spock's are not, but that distinction doesn't diminish the value of Spock's statements, nor does it undermine the honesty behind them. His interactions with Kirk in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and "The City on the Edge of Forever" are excellent examples of his ability to cut through irrelevancies and focus only on the truth of a particular situation.
well I like that about Spock too~ his focus and his intellect and the way he can think thru things logically without the interference of emotions (usually). And I like McCoy because he is not really a military man or a very disciplined man.They are both great characters. I enjoy McCoy's irreverence. Bread and Circuses is one of my favorite episodes where you see them arguing/debating, just not being able to get along or understand each other very well.
Lt. Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote