View Single Post
Old September 18 2012, 08:54 PM   #66
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: USS Copernicus, NCC-640 or 623?

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
...and since we had never seen the first USS Constellation NCC-1017, there really wasn't any need to add an "A" to Matt Decker's starship which was possibly named and numbered to honor the achievements of the previous Constellation. Thank you, "Sir"
First of all, enough with the condescending comments. They're not going to make you any friends here.

Second, please give me some evidence that there was a Starfleet U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 that existed before Matt Decker's ship. That's just your speculation, but you're speaking as if it's some kind of fact.

The case of Yamato's original NCC-1305-E prefix clearly shows they wanted to do something similar like NCC-1701-D. Yes, they did change the registry scheme (just as they did for the two Valiants of the 23rd Century), but it nevertheless cleary hints that USS Yamato was named after a previous ship of that name, too, and the registry of the first one seems to have been NCC-1305.
As I said before, I wasn't arguing with you about that idea. And I have no idea what you're talking about with the "two Valiants." The only ship named Valiant in the 23rd century was the one that visited Eminiar.