View Single Post
Old September 18 2012, 10:38 AM   #112
Dream
Admiral

Re: The Revolution pilot is online now...

Charlie was pretty hot. Too bad her acting wasn't that good. I hope she greatly improves in the next few episodes. Shows like this need amazing lead actors or supporting actors that steal the show. So far this show has none of that.

The rest of the story wasn't that interesting. I didn't come away caring about any of the characters, which is a big problem for these kind of heavy arc shows. The whole world looks too nice, everyone dressed like they had just been to the mall, and the story felt way too rushed. It would have been better if they hadn't arrived at Chicago in the middle of the first episode, but gotten there in two or three episodes. Getting there so quickly felt like they teleported to the location. Some more world building was in order.

That attempted rape scene was so badly done. If you are going to have one, have it at least make some kind of impact on the character attacked. Instead Charlie pretty much shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Looks like there is going to be a Charlie and militia boy romance. Boring.

LOST grabbed many viewers by the neck and stomped them repeatedly in the face with how awesome its pilot was. Revolution should have done the same instead of making me feel that these people were taking a casual stroll through the park.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote