View Single Post
Old September 18 2012, 01:27 AM   #300
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Seeing Babylon 4 reappear was cool. I liked the look of the station, and the fact that its not just a copy of B5.
According to JMS, B4 is what the Babylon Station was supposed to look like, but what with the first four attempts collapsing, blowing up or disappearing into a wibbly light they basically ran out of money. So, even though the EA got the Centauri & Minbari to kick in, B5 is very much the budget model.

D'Lenn's parts were interesting, although I was pretty sure she'd be staying on B5. I'm not sure why having a single space station is so important to the future, but it still made for a good story.
The station isn't important in and of itself so much as it's function. Nowhere else in the galaxy is there a place where so many races can meet on neutral ground. It's a crossroads. Most of the Minbari leadership certainly don't see it as vital to their continued existence, but that's because they're very much isolationists. Delenn isn't so close minded, but as you've seen, her influence isn't what it once was.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote