View Single Post
Old September 17 2012, 10:29 PM   #20
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: How did the Nero, his crew and ship escape Rura Penthe?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
There's room for a certain amount of conjecture, sure, but there's just not enough material remaining from the deleted scenes to form the basis for anything more than speculation.
http://www.startrekcomics.info/idwnero.html

"From Star Trek writer/producers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman and the creative team behind the prequel comic 'Star Trek: Countdown' (Writers: Mike Johnson, Tim Jones, Artist: David Messina) comes an all-new story set within the events of the film! Not an adaptation, this exclusive story follows the villainous Nero as he seeks to destroy the Federation. An essential chapter in the rebirth of 'Star Trek'!"
While I'm aware of where the comics go with it, my comments were intended to speak only to the movie's content as a basis for fan speculation, nothing more.

Procutus wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Since it was all deleted, the whole Rura Penthe subplot involving the capture of Nero is non-canonical. From the point of view of canon, it never happened, and so Nero and his crew never escaped, because they never spent any time on the prison planet in the first place.
Which then brings up the question of what the hell were they doing for 25 years if they weren't in a Klingon prison?
Playing pinochle, most likely.